July 16, 2010

Going 'Behind the Scenes'

“My TOOLS weekend was really awesome! It opened my eyes to the reality of it all. I always knew there were homeless people and that there were shelters available to them, but this weekend I realized just how much work goes into running a shelter. There's so much that needs to be done, and so many people that work behind the scenes.

If we all did our part to help the homeless through shelters or just talking to them and giving support I'm sure the world would be a much better place for everyone! Not just the homeless, but the caregivers as well. Giving time and help feels great and is very rewarding!

Thanks for guiding me and my youth group around Toronto and the great talks we had. We all enjoyed the weekend and learned a lot.”

-Julianne Janzen, Vineland United Mennonite Church

No comments:

Post a Comment